2.05.2006

The Past Week

Monday night Mel and I went car shopping. We spent a few hours at the Saturn dealership where we ended up buying a 2006 Saturn VUE. This is the first brand new car that I have ever owned and I have to say that I really like it! We didn’t get to pick it up until Wednesday night but it was worth the wait.

Friday night Mel and I went to Cedar Falls to go out to dinner with Mel’s cousin for his twenty-first birthday. We went to Bourbon Street, a restaurant in downtown Cedar Falls. It is a great place to eat. I had the Cajun Kamikaze Tuna, which is a sashimi grade tuna grilled with Cajun spices. Yum!

We stayed at my mother’s house in Waterloo Friday night. On Saturday I looked at some condominiums with my mom while Mel was busy. Each one of the three condos we looked at had distinct advantages; however they each had their problems. One of them was really nice but it had too many steps. Another was brand new but it was too expensive. The third was perfect except for the fact that it was a second level condo with no way for my mom to have a small garden to enjoy outside. Maybe she’ll stay in her house for now. That would be just fine with me. I’m not sure I am ready for her to sell the house and move yet.

Last night Mel went out to eat with some coworkers. I visited my friend Bill for a while. On my way home from visiting Bill, I called Mel and she and her friends invited me to go out to a bar with them. I met them at Dublin City in downtown Cedar Rapids. I have to say that I felt pretty old there. It seemed like most of the patrons of the bar were in their low to mid twenties.

No comments: