2.16.2006

Snow Day!

This morning I awoke to learn that schools were canceling all over the area in which I live. Of course, I am no longer teaching, so that didn't mean that I didn't have to work. Fortunately, my employer lets us work from home occasionally if we need to, so I stayed home and worked out of my basement all day. A little after 10:00 this morning, I got a phone call from a friend of mine in the area. Being a teacher, he had the day off from work so he suggested that we get together for lunch. We ate at Cork 'n Fork Deli which, if you live in the Cedar Rapids area, I highly recommend! They make terrific burgers which they load with plenty of toppings. The steak fries are really good too. This was the third time I have eaten there since moving to Cedar Rapids. It's a place I'll definitely visit again.

No comments: