2.15.2006

Here Comes the Snow Again

I was sure to being home plenty of materials from work this afternoon in anticipation of not being able to make it to Iowa City for work tomorrow. There seems to be a big storm coming. And of course, as they do every time a snow storm is approaching, the local news talked to some people at a grocery store stocking up on provisions to make it through the whole day that they may be stuck at home. I just don't understand. I suppose some people just happen to need groceries, but I would imagine that except for people who go shopping every day for the next day's food, and I don't know anyone like that, people have at least a couple of days' food at home. A snow storm is not going to keep most people from going out for an extended period, especially if they live in a city. In fact, the roads will probably be in fairly good condition by early afternoon at the latest. I guess when a really huge snow storm finally hits, I'm screwed.

1 comment:

homercles said...

I didn't go grocery shopping today; odds are, I'll be eating the cat by nightfall. Either that, or opening a can of soup.