1.31.2006

Kinky Little Sex Shop

Last Monday I received a call at work from my friend Anna in Las Vegas. When I saw her name pop up on my cell phone in the middle of the day, I was sure something was wrong. This how I usually feel when I am getting a phone call at a time when it is unusual for a particular person to call me. Anyway, my fears were all for naught. Anna had a favor to ask of me. Now I hate to admit, but my first thought, especially when she added that if I couldn’t so it, not to worry, was that she wanted to borrow some money. That however, was not the case. She wanted me to order something off the internet.

Now, if you know my friend Anna (I know Homercles does), you may have an idea where this is leading. Anna works for a company in Las Vegas that manufactures and sells equipment that uses electrical pulses for the purpose of sexual stimulation. These are not your everyday typical sex toys. They sell devices that get attached to or inserted into various parts of the human anatomy for the purpose of sexual stimulation. They also sell latex clothing and S&M devices, but that’s a different story. Anyway, Anna wanted me to purchase a device from a company in England. From what I know about these products, the device was a conductive flexible loop that is supposed to be looped around someone’s penis (maybe more, but I am not sure) then hooked up to a box that sends a pulsing electrical current through it. I'm sure she will leave a comment if I am incorrect in my description of the item

Apparently there has been a lawsuit between the company Anna works for and the one in England. I guess the settlement of the lawsuit prohibits the English company from shipping the device to address in the United States. Anna’s company wanted to make sure they were holding up their end of the agreement, so she needed someone who couldn’t easily be connected with them to order it to see if they shipped the item. I placed an order, but it was cancelled. So I guess they are abiding by the agreement. It was the first, and probably last, time I ever ordered a product of that type.

No comments: