1.16.2006

A Wasted Day

I have today off from work for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. I have no problem at all with this day being a holiday, but I don't really feel the need to get the day off from work. There are several other federal holidays that I still have to work and I had a Monday off just two weeks ago and another the Monday before that. If it were a bit warmer outside I'd be able to enjoy the outdoors and go for a bike ride. The company I work for didn't give this day off last year but instead gave its employees an extra floating holiday to use at their discretion.

I was supposed to have a doctor appointment today for a routine physical, but I got a phone call from the doctor's office informing me that my doctor will be stuck at the hospital all day, so I had to reschedule my appointment. Now I have me entire day wide open. There are a few things that I should do around the house. In the fall I removed some bushes from the front of our house. I had been disposing of the brush from the bushes in our yard waste container for several weeks afterward until it was covered with snow. Once the snow melted, it has been too dark by the time I get home from work to cut up the remaining brush to get it to fit into the container. Also, I need to rearrange some furniture in the basement to make room for the NordicTrack elliptical trainer that we bought at Sears yesterday. It is supposed to arrive on Thursday. This will really make exercising much easier.

No comments: