1.15.2006

A Night Out

This evening I kind of felt like I was in high school or college once again. It's been about that long since I have been out as late as I was tonight. This evening, Mel went to the apartment of a coworker (one who is a former student of mine, but that's another story) for some pizza then they were going to some bars. Well, I decided to give my good friend Bill (the best man from my wedding in November) a call to see what he was up to. He is in the process of getting divorced and recently got an apartment and he had previously mentioned that I should come over to see it. I ended up meeting Bill and his son Tristan at Planet X in Cedar Rapids around 7:30 where we played some video games and miniature golf. Bill's friend Scott showed up later to join in the festivities. Bill had some errands to run, but around 11:30 we ended up meeting back up with him at his new apartment in Marion. Bill, Scott, and I had some fun playing darts and drinking a little. Okay, I was the only one who really did any drinking. Scott doesn't drink and Bill thought that the two sips of the drinks I brought that contained vodka were affecting his dart game, so he stopped. Anyway, I just got home. Mel's still out, but I'll probably go off to bed here in a few minutes. This was a really fun night and I would like to do this again some time. I suppose I should enjoy it now before I get even more tied down with having children, not that I am not looking forward to that possibility. It's just that I imagine that having children will completely change my priorities. That's not a bad thing, it will just be something that I have to adapt to.

No comments: