1.08.2006

Wrestling Tournament

Yesterday I spent the whole day helping out at a wrestling tournament at the high school I used to teach at south of Iowa City. It's been almost four years since I have taught there, but I enjoy going back to help out my friend who is the wrestling coach. It also gives me a chance to see some of my former students. The last students I had there are now in their junior and senior years (the school had grades seven through twelve when I left in 2002) but many former students return to see the tournament. Helping out yesterday kind of made me miss teaching a bit. I had my struggles while I was there, but I also had a lot of good times. While it would be nice to be teaching again, my new job has a lot of advantages over teaching; the pay and benefits are better and I don't have to worry about misbehaving children. There are of course other things I enjoy about my current job. I have no plans to return to teaching anytime in the near future. Perhaps in the distant future I may once again return to the classroom.

No comments: