1.26.2006

RAGBRAI Overnight Towns Announced

The Des Moines Register has announced the overnight towns for this year's RAGBRAI bike ride across Iowa. I have been looking forward to this summer's RAGBRAI since last year's ride ended. I just hope my friends from Texas are able to make it up this year.

We'll be starting the ride in Sergeant Bluff. I had a college roommate from there. This will be the first time that RAGBRAI has begun there.

The overnight towns will be:
  • Ida Grove
  • Audubon
  • Waukee
  • Newton
  • Friday
  • Marengo
  • Coralville

The ride will end in Muscatine. In 2001, my second RAGBRAI, the last day went from Coralville to Marengo. If the route out of town is the same as that year, we'll be passing by the place in Iowa City where I work on Highway 1.

In 2001 I was living in Coralville. The main campground was in the city park located just a few blocks from my apartment. It was really nice because my dad, our friends from Texas, and I were able to stay the last night in my air conditioned apartment. I have a coworker who lives in Coralville. Perhaps she will let us stay at her house. I'll have to remember to ask her tomorrow.

No comments: