5.29.2006

The William Shatner DVD Club

I tried to come up with a catchy title for this entry, but I couldn't, so I'll just proceed with this title. Anyway, I received an email the other day prompting me to join the William Shatner DVD Club. Apparently acting and breeding horses isn't enough for the 75-year-old actor, he now has his very own DVD club. Every month a different science fiction DVD is mailed to club members. Now these aren't just any sci fi DVDs, they are movies that have been personally selected by William Shatner himself (along with an expert team of film critics and programming professionals from such organizations as the Sci-Fi channel). Now with this help in picking the movies, I wonder how long it will take to get his movie directorial debut, the now classic movie, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Well, I think I will be able to resist joining this DVD club as I really prefer to pick movies for myself, or at least have trusted friends recommend movies for me.

No comments: