5.28.2006

Moving My Mom

Yesterday, Mel and I went to Waterloo to help my mom get moved into her condo. We moved a lot of the larger items that were left in the house. She'll have to get the remaining, smaller items by tomorrow as the street she's moving on to is going to be closed for repairs. It was tough moving her belongings out of the house that she has lived in for the past several years. I took one last stroll through the garden that my dad created and maintained. With the garden there, it's almost like my father is still there, but my mom needs to move on. She needs a place that is smaller and won't require as much effort to maintain. Now that she's living in a condo, she won't have to worry about the yard work which caused her so much added stress last summer and fall. She also won't have to deal with snow removal. She's really going to like her condo, and I like it too. It's a new beginning for her. Besides, we'll always have the photos of the garden to remind us of that work.

No comments: