5.21.2006

Saturday in Saint Paul

Mel's and my tickets for the Body Worlds exhibit were for 12:30 this afternoon, so we needed something to do to fill the time before then. After eating breakfast, we decided to go to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory in Saint Paul. We mostly checked out the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory at t he park, but we did check out the primate exhibit at the zoo before leaving for the Science Museum.

The Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Museum on Minnesota was amazing! Some of the items they had on exhibit were the bones of the middle ear. I knew they were the smallest bones in the human body, but seeing just how small they actually are was fascinating. We spent almost two hours wandering through the exhibit. The bodies that they had to show the circulatory system were really neat to look at. They had replaced the blood in the bodies with a dyed plastic, once the plastic had hardened, they removed all of the tissue surrounding it, leaving just red plastic where the blood vessels had been. They also had a body that had been cut in half longitudinally. That too was really cool. They had a man posed playing basketball to show off the muscles of the body. The entire exhibit was awesome. If you get the chance to see it, I would definitely recommend it!

After visiting the museum, we went to Hastings to visit my grandmother. I didn't recognize her at first since she had recently gotten a perm. She actually looked pretty good. We visited with her for about an hour and a half. After that, we went to Bloomington to the Mall of America. We wandered around the mall for a while before returning to Roseville for dinner and to return to the hotel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the exhibit still have the pregnant woman in it? I know that was a huge controversy when it was first brought over here to the States. I wish I could have found a way to go see it when it was in LA.

Sara said...

I really enjoy it when you post about MSP. I love MSP. I am glad you two had a great time. That is a great picture of you.

Aaron said...

Ana, they did have the pregnant woman on display, and I have to say that it wasn't too disturbing. It was realling fascinating.

Sara, I'm glad you enjoy my blogging about MSP. Whenever I'm up here, I kind of wish I could just move here. My company has an office in the area, so maybe that is possible sometime in the future.