5.19.2006

End of the Work Week

Today ended out three days of meetings this week. I am sticking around in the Twin Cities though as I have an additional one-day meeting on Monday. Mel is coming up for the weekend, in fact, she should be here in about half an hour or so, so I should have a good time this weekend.

To celebrate the end of our three-day meeting, two of my coworkers and I went to BCT City Tavern in Roseville, Minnesota, for dinner. We just had some drinks and appetizers. I guess we did order a full rack of ribs to share as well. We ended up spending a little over $100 for the three of us. Thank goodness for the expense account! While there, we played the Buzztime trivia game on the restaurant's TV. That was a lot of fun. Maria, one of my coworkers who was along, had never played before. She started out slowly, but she soon caught on and had a good time. We stayed at the restaurant for a couple of hours before returning to the hotel.

Tomorrow, Mel and I are going to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota. The exhibit features over 200 authentic human specimens, including 20 or so full human bodies. The body fluids and fats have been replaced with reactive plastics in order to preserve them. I'll be sure to report back this weekend on the exhibit.

No comments: