5.06.2006

Political Advertising

Driving down a major street near my home, I have seen numerous signs for a candidate for the state senate. I realize that the primary election is being held next month, but I think it is a little too early for some of these signs. If this candidate had an opponent in the primary election, I would see his advertising as making some sense, but the candidate whose signs I see up and down the street is running unopposed for his spot on the ballot in the general election this November. What's worse is that the signs do not even indicate what the person is running for. At least with the flyer I received today at my house, the candidate had the good sense to indicate what she was running for. I suppose that getting one's name out early may help to get votes later on, but is still damn annoying.

No comments: