5.08.2006

Credit Card Security

I had something slightly embarrassing happen to me this evening. My coworker and I arrived in the Twin Cities this evening and we went out to dinner. I was going to pay for dinner tonight, so I gave the waitress the credit card that I intended on using my business trip. A few moments later the waitress returned and informed me that my card had been declined. I kind of felt like I was in an American Express commercial. I gave her a different card to pay for the dinner. I just got off the phone with the credit card company. Apparently the card did not scan correctly which triggered something indicating that the card may not be valid. This stopped all access to my account. I got things straightened out, but it is nice to know that my credit card company is constantly scrutinizing my account for signs of fraud.

No comments: