5.13.2006

Changes at Work

Yesterday we had an all-staff meeting at work and we learned that there will be some big changes coming up in the next month. First of all, my manager is moving to a different position within the company. I am fine with that. I have liked having her as my manager, but I have had good interactions with the person who will now become my manager. One thing that I will have to get used to is that my new manager is in our Austin, Texas, office. It will be a little different having my manager working at a different location, but I really only talk to my manager once every two weeks right now. I do not see this as much of a problem. Also, I have heard that my new manager is more open to having employees work from home. I don't know if that is true, but if I could work things out to work from home a couple days a week, I could resume driving to work on my own instead of carpooling, and I would still save some money on gas.

Another, even bigger, change is that a large portion of our staff will be moving to a different location. I am a bit jealous that it isn't my group that is moving. The new location is about 5 miles away in Coralville in a building that had been completely gutted and remodeled about a year ago. It would have been nice being in a newer facility, but we will manage.

No comments: