11.02.2004

What is the Problem?

I read an article on CNN.com today about a high school where the students are being required to wear photo badges while at school so they can be easily identified as students as the school. Apparently several students and parents are complaining about this. I can see students not liking this policy, but parents? Some of the parents views requiring students to wear the badges to be "an infringement on their rights." What rights exactly would those be? I am required to wear photo identification at my job, which is at a high school. I was also required to do so at the company where I worked this past summer. In a large organization, requiring people who are supposed to be there to wear identification helps everyone to know that they are where they are supposed to be. I can see this as being unnecessary at a small high school where everyone knows everyone else, but if this is a large school, the policy seems to me to make some sense.

No comments: