11.12.2004

Time to Buy a New Computer?

Is it time for me to break down and buy a new computer? I would really like to, although it just seems so wasteful as my current computer is only three and a half years old. I know that's old as far as computers go, but it runs all of the software I have. I keep thinking about buying some games, but I am afraid that they wouldn't run on the system I have. I suppose that's one reason to upgrade to a newer system. Also, my computer has been acting up quite a bit lately. About two or three times a week, it locks up while I am shutting it down, and occasionally it won't boot up properly, so I have to shut it down and restart it.

I am seriously considering backing up everything on the machine and then reformatting the hard drive so I can get a clean start. Of course, then I'll have to reinstall everything. On the other hand, if I bought a new machine I'd have to reinstall everything anyway. I suppose I should go with the less expensive option first, although Best Buy does have two years interest free financing on computers this week.

Have a good weekend everyone. After I get off work today, my girlfriend, my parents, and I are going to the Twin Cities for the weekend to visit my sister. She has a concert this weekend that we are going to attend. We'll probably also visit my other relatives who live there while we are there.

No comments: