11.23.2004

Sorry

I'm sorry about my little bitch-fest from last night. It was a tough day. Today was somewhat better, although as I have been spending the last few hours grading tests from last Friday, I was at first a bit frustrated. However, now that I have finished grading them and have the data about the grade distributions in front of me, I feel somewhat better. I was expecting my later two Algebra 1 classes to have more failures for the test than the first two, but the opposite was the case. In fact, the class that I expected to do the worst, actually had the fewest failures, only three, and two of those three students never pay attention in class. We'll spend tomorrow going over the tests.

Now I have something else to complain about. The Fareway grocery stores where I live have decided that they will no longer accept empty beverage containers at their stores. Instead, they think I should take them to my "conveniently" located can recycling center over six miles away. Apparently, the state bottle law requires stores to take back containers that they sell unless they contract with a conveniently located recycling center to do it for them. I'd like to see their definition of convenient as going six miles in the opposite direction of where I'd like to go is hardly convenient. And what are people who don't drive to do? I think that I'll be letting my local Fareway store know that they'll no longer be getting my business. I just hope now that Hy-Vee doesn't follow suit. Perhaps if the state would increase the handling fee that the grocery stores receive, this wouldn't be a problem.

No comments: