11.09.2004

Veterans' Day

Yes, I know it's two days early, but today at school we had our annual Veterans' Day assembly. We don't have school on Thursday because of parent-teacher conferences, otherwise I'm sure the assembly would have been then. It was a very nice assembly. All of the veterans on the school's staff were acknowledged as well as the JROTC students and students who have signed up to join the armed forces upon graduation. To everyone who has served in the armed forces, I'd like to say thank you. Without your sacrifices we wouldn't have the freedoms that we now enjoy.

I do feel a bit guilty though. During the assembly, some of the speakers kept using the phrase "freedom isn't free." In itself, it is a good sentiment. However, it is also the title of a song from Team America: World Police, and hearing it kept making me think of the song distracting me from the assembly. In fact, I had it running through my head for the remainder of the day.

No comments: