3.01.2007

PANIC!

Around 9:30 this morning, while I was at work, an email was sent from someone in my company's human resources department to all the Iowa employees to inform us that the state Department of Transportation was thinking about closing Interstate 380 at 10:00. As a significant portion of our employees travel I-380 to get to and from work, this was kind of a big deal. Now, people started talking about how the interstate was closed, however this never actually occurred. I can't blame people for getting this wrong though as some of the media were reporting the closure as a fact instead of as the tentative plan that the DOT had. Nevertheless, this gave me and my carpooling companions a reason to head home from work early. I finished up my work from home this afternoon and I am now watching light flurries of snow out my window, waiting for the forecasted cataclysm to happen.

No comments: