3.24.2007

First Night at Home

Well we thought we were ready to bring a baby home from the hospital, but at 11:00 last night, we realized that we weren't as prepared as we thought we were. It was at that time that Emma appeared to be hungry, so we started feeding her one of the bottles of Enfamil that we took home from the hospital. She had had two bottles of Enfamil earlier in the day, and while she drank them without much problem, she didn't seem to like them as much as the Similac that she had previously been given. So when we tried to give her the Enfamil at 11:00 last night, she pretty much refused to take it. Fortunately, the hospital also sent us home with a jug of ready-to-use Similac. However, we soon found out that we only had one nipple for the baby's bottles. So I got to take a trip to Hy-Vee to pick up a few more to hold us over until today, when I will have a chance to do some more shopping. I also have to run a few other household errands today. I know I have to go get these things, but I really don't want to leave my daughter.

No comments: