3.17.2007

Extreme Closeups

I picked up a new digital camera at Best Buy last week. A while back, I thought about buying a video camera so I could capture video of our baby once she is born, but then I began to wonder just how much video I would shoot. So instead, I bought a digital camera that can shoot video clips as well as stills. In the highest quality of video, I can shoot video up to seventeen minutes long. That should be good enough, and if it isn't, I can shoot up to an hour of video in the lower resolution mode. Mel actually picked out the camera, a Canon PowerShot S3 IS, and the salesman at Best Buy recommended it as well. So far I have been quite pleased with the camera.

Last Wednesday I shot some extreme closeup photos using the super macro mode on the camera. Here is a selection of the photos that I took that day.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have an A640 at the office. (Another type of Canon Powershot, btw). Does your canon have the ability to select the colors that the camera takes pics of? We can set ours to only pic up reds in the image when you take the pic and the rest is in greyscale. It's really cool if you have a strong color in the pic.

Later!
Ana