4.29.2006

I Was Bad Tonight

I have been fairly successful the past few weeks in losing weight using Weight Watchers. I haven't attended any meetings. Mel does however, and I get to take advantage of the materials she gets there. I have been trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year. I have had moderate success, but since I started being more serious about losing weight three weeks ago, I have lost an average of three pounds each week. This evening however, I didn't follow the diet very well. Mel went out with some friends tonight for a baseball game and then to go out to bars. This left me alone for dinner and unfortunately, I made a poor choice nutritionally. I went to Hardee's and got myself one of their Philly Cheesesteak Thickburgers that they have been advertising lately. I knew that the sandwich was not healthy, but I just checked out how unhealthy it is. The sandwich has 930 calories and 63 grams of fat. I am not even going to figure out how many Weight Watchers points that is because I know it is not good. One of the things I like about Weight Watchers is that I can still eat most anything I want, but I need to watch the portions. I do not think that this sandwich can fit in the diet however. I am afraid that I may have to stop going to Hardee's altogether.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I need to get serious too about weight loss. You and many others inspire me to get serious. Maybe you should start posting your weight loss total on the sidebar so you can be held accountable...there I go again, hijacking your sidebar. But, the burger sounds awesome. I like the ham and cheese at Hardees. Definitely a midwestern specialty.

Anonymous said...

Have you watched the movie Super Size ME? You WON'T want to go back to Hardees!

Anonymous said...

If all you did was go to Hardee's and have one big thickburger, I think you are being just a little too hard on yourself.

I too am in the process of loosing some weight. I allow myself a splurge on the weekends. I am a little nervous when I get on the scale on Monday, but it is usually only up a couple pounds and they are gone be the next day. My weight has been staying steady and I don't feel like I am denying myself anything.

I hope you enjoyed your burger, just don't splurge more than once a month on something like that. Good luck!!
Nelle

Aaron said...

Oh I realize that Nelle. I think if I didn't splurge once in a while, then I would never be able to stick to this diet. Fortunately, I weigh in on Thursdays, so I have a few days to work off those extra calories from the weekend.