4.13.2006

Hawaii

One hobby of mine is tracking where currency I spend goes using Where's George, a currency tracking website. I just received an email about a one dollar bill that I entered into the system on April 22, 2004, when I was in Waterloo, Iowa. The bill turned up in Dubuque, Iowa, on November 2, 2004, and today it is in Honolulu, Hawaii. I am wondering how it ever ended up there, nearly two years after I first had the bill. I had received it from a student as change when buying a candy bar from a school fundraiser. It had been used to play a crane game in Maquoketa, Iowa, when it turned up in Dubuque. From what the current holder of the bill says, it is headed back to Texas with him or her. I hope this bill continues on its journey for a while before being removed from circulation.

No comments: