4.15.2006

Landscaping

Last fall, Mel and I removed some bushes from in front of our house. They didn't look very good and they blocked the basement windows in the front of the house. After removing the bushes, we planted some tulips and intended to plant other flowers and plants in front of the house. Since winter has ended, we have had a problem with rain eroding the dirt down an incline next to where the bushes were. So today I took a crack at doing some landscaping. I built two small retaining walls. I have more to do in order to finish this project, but it is looking a lot better than it did before I started the work.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

Next, I am going to put some edging around the edge of the garden. We are also thinking about planting some rose bushes in the area between the retaining walls. I also need to plant some new grass outside the region that will be the garden. I also need to clean up the dirt that is now on my driveway from excavating the area where the walls were build. That will all wait until next weekend.

1 comment:

captain creative said...

looking good so far. you crazy homeowner, you...