4.09.2006

Yard Work

Mel and I spent a few nice hours this afternoon outdoors doing some yard work. We really needed to clean up the garden areas around the house. We also had some leaves still in the yard from last fall that needed picking up. Between that, and pruning back a bush by the house, we managed to collect more yard waste than out yard waste container can hold. With the yard cleaned up, I was able to spread some fertilizer on the lawn. I am hoping to get our lawn looking nice this summer. It was pretty good looking when we moved in last spring, but we didn't take good enough care of it last summer to keep it looking nice. But then again, except for the guy who lives across the street, most of the lawns had some problems. I would love to get my lawn looking as nice as the one across the street, but he spends hours a week taking care of it. I swear he mows the lawn at least every third day! In fact, he mowed for the first time yesterday afternoon.

Next weekend, my project is to try to put up a small retaining wall next to the driveway. We tore out some bushes last fall, and now when it rains dirt erodes into our driveway. It was my plan all along to put in a retaining wall. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

No comments: