4.16.2006

Happy Easter

Good morning and happy Easter everyone. For the first time since moving here, I went to church in the Cedar Rapids area. Since June, the only times Mel and I have been to church have been for a funeral, weddings, and a baptism. I had to go by myself this morning since Mel ended up having to work this weekend. We have been meaning to find a church here in town, but we haven't gotten around to it yet, so I have begun checking out various churches.

The church I went to this morning is in Marion. It was recommended by a coworker of mine who goes there. The church was very different than one I have ever been to before. It was built fairly recently. The seats were like what you would expect to find in an auditorium. There was a screen on which the text of the service and the hymns appeared, so there were no hymnals at the seats. The sermon was good and they have a very good choir and live musicians. I may have to try it again with Mel so we can see if she likes it. The main drawback is the distance from our home. I passed a few Lutheran churches on the way to this one, but it may be worth the drive.

I had been planning on having Easter dinner at my grandmother's house in Keystone this noon, but there has been a change of plans. My grandfather is in the hospital yet again. He's doing better than he had been Friday night. The doctor was very concerned about his condition. He was doing better yesterday afternoon however. Now, instead of having Easter dinner at my grandmother's house, we will have dinner tonight in the Saint Luke's Hospital cafeteria.

2 comments:

captain creative said...

Happy Easter to you. Hope things go well for your grandfather.

homercles said...

I second CC's comment.

BTW, stupid question, but what does one do when test driving a church? Just show up?