4.16.2006

Cycling

With RAGBRAI beginning in just 98 days, I have wanted to get on my bike and take it for a ride. With my Easter dinner plans changed, I thought today would be a great day to go for a ride. The weather forecast for today called for thunderstorms, but around 10:00 this morning, it was just overcast. So, before the rain hit, I set out for a bike ride. I went to inflate the tires after they have been sitting all winter and the end of the valve stem broke off on the front tire. As a consequence, I needed to change the tube. I have never actually done that myself. About half an hour later, after figuring out how to change the tube, I was on my way. I ended up riding clear across town to go past the house I grew up in. I got back to the house about half an hour before it started raining. I ended up riding 16.66 miles over the course of an hour and thirteen minutes (and sixteen seconds, but who’s counting).

1 comment:

captain creative said...

If you are available.. I am hosting a gathering again friday night @ my place.