2.06.2009

RAGBRAI Planning

It looks like the group with which I have ridden RAGBRAI for the past 9 years will not be going on this year's ride. This isn't definite yet, but the owner of the bus has been in poor health and is currently in the hospital. So earlier this week, I began looking into other options for groups with which to ride. I found one that would provide transportation from the Twin Cities, but it was a lot more expensive than I am willing to pay. Then I found a group that leaves from Minnesota, although not in the Cities. It was priced at a point that I felt comfortable, but they are already booked up.

Today I found a few other options that might work. Two of them would require driving all the way to Burlington, Iowa, prior to the ride. That would be a drive of over six hours, and we would have to find a place to stay there overnight since they load the bikes Friday night. There is also a group that leaves from Ames or Des Moines. That would be a possibility as well. I would really like to go on RAGBRAI this summer, so I hope I find an option that works for me.

1 comment:

5Ollies said...

If you happen to leave from Ames or Des Moines we would be happy to put you up for a night or so if you need a place to stay.