2.18.2009

Job Security

Lately I have been worried a bit about the economy and how it will affect my job. What made me especially worried is that for the past few weeks, until the middle of last week, I have not been very busy with work to do. That kind of made me wonder if my job was secure. Well today we had a meeting for the part of my company that I work for. I came away from that meeting feeling much better about my job. It seems that I do not really have much of anything to worry about at the moment, although I still won't be getting a raise this year. Maybe if the economy improves my company will give larger than average raises next year to compensate for the lack of raises this year. Oh, I am probably just being wishful there, but it doesn't hurt to speculate about such things. Furthermore, the meeting actually inspired me a bit as we learned that there will be some changes in the way we do what I do. From what was said, I think having too little work to work on should be a thing of the past once everything is implemented. Also, it should streamline a lot of what I do. Of course, it is going to take some time for these changes to be implemented.

1 comment:

5Ollies said...

I'm glad to hear that you feel more secure about your job. It's very stressful if you don't know if you are going to have a job or not. I know that I will have a job next school year, but I do not know where. With the district looking at cutting their budgets, they could, potentially, do away with the assistive technology team that I am a part of. If they would do that, I would have to go back into the classroom. I am really hoping that they keep our team because I am truly enjoying my job. I won't know for another month or so what is going to happen...so it is a waiting game. I don't have a feeling either way as to what is going to happen.