2.16.2009

Happy Washington's Birthday

Emma's daycare is closed today for staff development, so I took the holiday off from work to watch her. Usually Emma and I go to the grocery store Monday mornings before I drop her off at daycare, although sometimes it ends up being Tuesday morning if we do not have a grocery list ready on Monday. This morning we did make our usual trip to the grocery store, although we did not have to leave as early as we typically do. That was kind of nice as sometimes the grocery store shelves are not fully stocked at 6:45 in the morning. We had a successful shopping trip, stocking up on some necessities that were on sale. Overall we saved 25% on our grocery bill which was pretty good considering that I only had two coupons. Most of our savings was from sales.

Emma has been pretty busy playing, and watching the Handy Manny marathon on the Disney Channel this morning. In fact, there are blocks and a lot of other toys strewn about the living room floor. Right now Emma is napping. I am taking advantage of this time to check in on a little bit of work, although mostly I am just doing some blogging and checking out Facebook. I think I may go downstairs to play some Wii when I am done with this blog entry. It is so hard to play with the Wii when Emma is awake. Oh, she does not get in the way or anything like that, she just likes to pull CDs, DVDs, and video tapes of the shelves, and to play with candles and other decorations in the room. Now I just have to figure out what I am going to play.

No comments: