2.09.2009

Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Cafe

This past Friday night, Mel called me on her way home from work and told me that she had an idea for dinner, one which she informed me that I might think was a bad idea. She told me that she wanted to go to Carlos O'Kelly's for dinner. Carlos O'Kelly's was one of the restaurants we frequented when we lived in Cedar Rapids. In face, when she was pregnant with Emma, she wanted often craved their chili con queso, and before you ask, no she is not pregnant now. Now I really enjoy eating at Carlos O'Kelly's as well, but unfortunately there are not any in the Twin Cities. The nearest location is in Rochester, over sixty miles from our home. Despite the distance, we drove to Rochester for dinner. We had a delicious dinner, although the service was not too great. Our server never checked on us once we got our food. I had wanted a water to drink once I finished my Dos Equis, but she never came back with the water despite the fact that I asked for it when she delivered our food to us. Needless to say, she did not get a very good tip. In fact, the ten percent I tipped her was probably a bit generous.

I have found a recipe online for chili con queso that is supposed to be similar to theirs. I think I will need to try to replicate their con queso if Mel should become pregnant again. Either that, or I need to convince the powers that be at Carlos O'Kelly's corporate office to open a location here in the Cities, preferably in the southeast metro, although most anywhere in the metro would be better than driving all the way to Rochester.

1 comment:

5Ollies said...

Let's hope that the recipe you found works for Melissa (when she is pregnant again). 60 miles is a long way to drive for a meal. Of course, who knows, she might crave something else with the next one.