2.23.2009

Coupons

When I checked out at the grocery store today, actually at both grocery stores I went to as Rainbow and Cub each had different items on sale that we were buying this week, I got some coupons from the coupon printer at the register. Some of the coupons were related to items I bought, such as the coupon for Pop Tarts when I bought Fiber One Toaster Pastries, and the one for General Mills cereals when I bought some General Mills cereals. I did get a couple other coupons which looked interesting until read the fine print. The two coupons are for the Oil Change Plus service, including free tire rotation, at Midas for $16.95. Now I don't normally take my car to Midas for servicing, but it isn't something that I would not consider doing. However, I do not think I will be using this coupon any time soon. At the right end of the coupon are the words "Redeemable only at participating Seattle shops." As it is about a 1,700-mile drive from where we live to Seattle, I have a feeling that any savings I would get from the coupon would more than be offset by the cost to drive to Seattle. Now I am sure these coupon dispensing machines are run by some nation-wide company, but you would think they would better tailor the coupons to the area in which they are dispensed.

No comments: