9.21.2004

Oh My

Note: If you didn't read the title in George Takei's distinctive inflection, go back and read it again. If you don't know what I am talking about, this probably won't excite you much anyway.

From the Iowa City Press Citizen's website, "Star Trek star William Shatner will be in Riverside for the next 10 days, filming scenes for his upcoming, low-budget sci-fi flick, 'Invasion Iowa.'"

I don't know why, but when I read the article, I was really excited by this. It's not like I am actually going to go to Riverside (the town in which Shatner's Star Trek character Captain Kirk will be born on March 22, 2233) and bump into him or anything, but people I know are sure to run into him. For three years, I taught at the high school in Riverside, Iowa. Actually, the high school is a few miles south of the town, but kids from Riverside to attend the school. I also have a friend who lives in Riverside.

According to the article, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are co-writing this picture. I'm not sure what to expect from such a venture, but I am certain that I will see this movie if it ever makes it to theaters. Perhaps I'll even have to buy it if it goes straight to video. Anyway, I find it interesting that Priceline.com is chipping in for a "making of" film of this movie.

I tried to look up some more information about Invasion Iowa on the Internet Movie Database, but nothing turned up.


No comments: