9.21.2004

Finally, a reply!

Mid-June, while I was working for a test development company in Iowa City, I submitted an application for a position with that company, but I never heard anything back from the person who was involved in hiring for the position. Well, today I finally received an email from her regarding a position with them. Unfortunately, now that the school year has started, I would not feel right about bailing out on my teaching contract. If I would have heard something before school started, I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it. Anyway, I explained my situation to her and expressed that I am interested in a position with them, but I will not be available until after June 4. Hopefully they will still have some opportunities then, and from what I was told at the end of the summer, they probably will. However, I suppose that if the right offer were to be made, I could find some way to get out of my contract, but hopefully it won't come to that.

No comments: