9.05.2004

Big Freaking Mall

My girlfriend and I decided to go on a road trip yesterday to West Des Moines where we went to the new Jordan Creek Town Center. Now that was one big mall, but I was good and I only bought one thing (not counting the fudge from the Fudge Factory at Scheel's). That was the Simpson's Monopoly game from Spencer Gifts. I've wanted to get that for a while now, and it was on sale for just ten dollars, so I went ahead and bought it. There were a few store there that I have never been to before, such as the Pottery Barn. I'm sorry, but the entire time I was shopping there, I couldn't help but think about the Friends episode in which Rachel buys a table from the Pottery Barn and tells Phoebe that she got it somewhere else because Phoebe doesn't like the Pottery Barn. They had some really nice stuff, and the priced seemed to me to be quite reasonable. I did not however make any purchases there. We stopped for dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I hadn't been there recently and my girlfriend had never been there. It was good food, but with the Bloomin' Onion, we had too much too eat. However, I still managed to lose two pounds this week!

No comments: