9.26.2004

Big Weekend

This was a pretty big weekend. On Friday night, my girlfriend and I went to another high school football game where my school's team lost, and they lost big! Yesterday we went to see The Forgotten and then we rented Jersey Girl, which we watched after dinner. The Forgotten was alright. The end was pretty strange. We both really enjoyed Jersey Girl. I had heard bad things about this movie, but I thought it was really good.

Today we watched Star Wars on VHS since I haven't yet gotten the DVDs; my birthday is next month and I'll probably be getting it then. Anyway, after the movie she asked me how I felt about the fact that we only see each other on the weekend. We decided that she will be moving in some time next month. Not only will we be able to see a lot more of each other, but she'll be able to save quite a bit of money on rent for an apartment she is hardly ever in as she stays at my house each weekend. Also, we'll be able to talk without spending an hour or more on the phone each day. I also think that this will be good, because I will be able to go visit my friends out of town on the weekend occasionally without feeling guilty about it since I will be able to see her all week, not just during the weekends as I do now.

One down side about this is that she has two cats. I don't mind cats, but I am worried that they may make a mess in my house. I guess I can get used to everything being covered with a layer of cat hair.

Now I just have to figure out how I am going to tell my mother.

2 comments:

homercles said...

Holy shit, dude!

:)

Well, congrats and all that. Best of luck.

Any advice I give would be pointless, but I'll give one bit anyway. Take the time to sort out how the two of you will handle expenses together. It'll save on a lot of arguing in the future, if you have all that worked out beforehand.

Aaron said...

Don't worry. I've watched enough TV courts shows to know what can happen when two people move in together. These issues WILL be worked out BEFORE any moving is done.