3.13.2009

Weekend Without Mel

Mel left for Cedar Rapids this morning. She is spending the weekend visiting friends there and going to the Nickelback concert in the Quad Cities. Since the concert is Sunday night, she won't be returning until Monday afternoon. So until then it is just Emma and me at home.

The two of us did make it out this evening. My mother is in the cities for my sister's orchestra concert that is tomorrow night. Emma and I joined my mother and sister for dinner at Chammps Americana for dinner. My sister was running late from work, so we didn't eat until late, causing Emma to get home after her bedtime. She fell asleep on the way home, but naturally she woke up once I took her out of the car. She did let me change her into her pajamas though without any arguing, and after watching fifteen minutes of Handy Manny, she was ready to go to bed. Unlike the past several nights, she didn't whine at all once she was put to bed.

Now that Emma is sleeping soundly, and I have finished watching tonight's episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, I should go to bed, in case Emma decides that she needs to get out of bed at 4:45 in the morning as she did this morning.

No comments: