3.14.2009

Saturday

I was thankful that Emma allowed me to sleep later than 4:45, the time I had to get up yesterday morning. She ended up sleeping until just before 6:00 this morning. That was still a bit earlier than I was hoping for, but it was better that yesterday.

My mother came over this morning to see Emma and me again before she returns home tomorrow afternoon. After eating her lunch, it was nap time for Emma. Since her grandma was here, Emma didn't really want to take her nap. I was a bit of a struggle to get her to sleep, but eventually she went to sleep. While Emma napped, my mother and I watched Logan's Run, which she had never before seen. Emma ended up sleeping just two and a half hours, which is short for her on the weekend. Typically she will nap between three and four hours on weekends. I guess she just wanted to get up to see her grandma again.

My mom stayed for about another hour or so once Emma woke up. Afterwards, Emma wanted to go outside to play, but when we went into our backyard, she was scared by the barking dog next door. So I decided that we should go for a walk. We ended up walking for around thirty to forty minutes. Well, I walked that long, I ended up carrying Emma for the last ten minutes of our walk.

Emma did not want to go to bed tonight. After she got in bed, she called me in because she wanted her Handy Manny doll in bed with her. I started looking around her room, checking under the bed, in her closet, in the clothes hamper, behind the Diaper Genie. Each time I looked somewhere, Emma said "no." I then searched the remainder of the upstairs of the house before I finally found Manny in the toy box in the living room. Either Emma decided to hide it there to use as an excuse to stay up, or she honestly didn't remember that she had put Manny in her toy box.

As if that wasn't enough to keep her up, she then told me that she needed a new diaper. Once I got her diaper off, she indicated that she wanted to use the potty. After sitting on the potty I eventually got a new diaper on her and got her ready for bed, yet again. However before gong to sleep she felt that she needed to cuddle some, a habit she seems to have gotten into recently. While I don't mind cuddling with Emma, she really needs to be able to go to sleep on her own. After turning off all the lights in the living room, including the TV, I got her to relax and was able to get her in bed by 8:10 at which time she promptly went to sleep when I placed her in bed.

1 comment:

5Ollies said...

Isn't amazing how many ideas they can come up with to postpone going to bed. Benjamin is becoming a master at this. He likes to peak his head out of his door and say that David is talking to him or that he needs to go to the bathroom. It often takes Benjamin 30-45 minutes to fall asleep at night unless he is really tired.