3.07.2009

Missing Iowa

It has been eight months since we moved to Minnesota, and before I say anything else, I do really like living here. However I do miss quite a bit about living in Cedar Rapids. First and foremost, I miss living near my friends. I have not been back to Iowa to visit with any of my friends since leaving Iowa in July, although I am planning on going back for a weekend in April. And I do enjoy working from home, but I do miss working in the office, spending time with my coworkers.

I am not at all saying that I regret moving to the Twin Cities. In fact there are plenty of things that I do like about living here -- I have plenty of relatives in the area, including my sister. I also like that there are plenty of things to do, such as going to the zoo, the science museum, and much, much more. There are also professional sporting events that we can go to. Of course similar activities are available in eastern Iowa.

So while I do like it here in Minnesota, I would not go out on a limb to say here for the rest of our lives. Maybe we will return to Iowa some day. Of course, Mel would have to find a job that she thinks she would really enjoy, and we probably need to wait for the economy to turn around, allowing the value of our house to increase to the point where we wouldn't be losing money selling it. This isn't to say that we would be moving back any time soon, or even ever at all. I am just saying that we are keeping our options open.

No comments: