3.30.2009

Mel's Birthday

Mel's birthday was on Thursday last week. I was still not completely recovered from being sick earlier in the week, but I was feeling well enough to go out to dinner. The three of us met my sister for dinner. Mel really wanted to go to Carlos O'Kelly's for dinner as it is one of her favorite restaurants, and she loves their margaritas which happen to be half price on Thursdays, but we decided that a two-hour-round-trip drive on a Thursday for dinner would be a bit much, especially for Emma, so she settled on Don Pablo's in Roseville. We had a terrific dinner, and Mel enjoyed some margaritas. Because I still wasn't feeling all that great, it didn't take much of my dinner to actually fill me up. Normally I would have been able to eat the entire dinner that I ordered, but I ended up with about half of it leftover for lunch on Friday. After Emma went to bed, Mel and I each had some of the Dairy Queen cake that I had picked up earlier in the day for her birthday. Yum!

No comments: