3.12.2009

The Past Couple Days

On Tuesday this week I got to take a break form my normal routine of working from home. One of my coworkers from Iowa City was unable to come to Minnesota for a committee meeting, so she asked me if I could fill in for her. My workload on my main project is fairly light at the moment, so I let her know that I would love to help out. So Tuesday morning we had to wake Emma up early and take her to daycare around 6:30 so I could make the twenty-two-mile drive to Roseville, where the meeting took place. I was there in January to fill in for a different meeting, but this was the first time I got to work their math staff since before Emma was born. It was good to see them again. The meeting went well. In fact, it went so well that they didn't need me back on Wednesday.

It was a good thing that I wasn't needed for the meeting on Wednesday as I wasn't feeling very well yesterday morning. Actually, I started feeling not so good some time Tuesday afternoon. So I took the day off to relax and to recover. Unfortunately I am still not feeling all that good, but I should be able to get some work done.

No comments: