3.04.2009

New Chair

We got a new chair for the home office this past weekend. The chair that we had been using was about five years old. I had bought it the day after Thanksgiving on sale for a very low price. So I think I got my money's worth out of the chair. I would have had no problem continuing to use the chair, except that one of the arms had broken. Not only was that a bit inconvenient, but it became a bit of a safety hazard. I could see Emma pinching her finger in the chair. Since I work from home full time, I asked my manager if I could get reimbursed for a new office chair, at least in part, since over half of the chair's use will probably be for work. Today she finally got back to me and gave me the upper limit that she would pay. The chair cost a bit more than that, but it is helpful that my employer will end up paying for about two-thirds of the cost of the chair.

We got this new chair at Office Max. It was actually not my first choice in chairs while we were in the store, but Mel liked it best, so I said it would could get it. Now that I have used it for a few days, I am glad that this is the chair we selected. The one I had been looking at was leather, or at least fake leather. This one has a nice, plush covering, making it very soft and comfortable to sit in. It is also much better than the chair that I had been using. Hopefully this better chair will help me to be more productive in my job. Yeah right.

No comments: