2.28.2005

Yet Another Monday

Well it’s Monday again, and two Mondays (and about four hours) from now my fiancée Mel and I will be starting our five-day vacation in Las Vegas! I just need to make it through these two weeks. This weekend I worked on some of the test items that I have to have finished by Wednesday and I have eight more to write. I shouldn’t have much problem getting them done, but it will take much of my free time to get it done. Then I’ll have around a week before I have to make the revisions, which I need to complete before my vacation.

Mel and I went to Cedar Rapids on Saturday to look at a few houses. The first one we looked at was great. If she had a job lined up already and if it looked like my house were about to sell, we’d seriously consider making an offer on it, but for now we’ll wait a little longer. The second house we looked at was a double-wide mobile home manufactured in 1979. In 1988 it was relocated to a permanent foundation on nearly half an acre of land. The basement of the house was very nice, but that’s about all I can say that is good about it. The walls in the upstairs were hollow! It didn’t seem to be very well constructed. Finally, we saw the house that we had wanted to see a few weeks ago, but its keys were missing. Well, we could have waited a bit longer. There was nothing special about the house and the basement was laid out really strangely.

After looking at houses, we met my friend Melissa and her fiancé Chris for dinner at Carlos O’Kelley’s. We got there a bit earlier that planned, but with a 45-minute wait for a table things worked out quite well. Melissa and Chris arrived about five minutes after we were seated.

Yesterday we went TV shopping. Mel had a three-year-old RCA TV that just quite working last week. We decided to get a new one instead of getting the old one repaired. We ended up getting a Phillips 27-inch TV. Unfortunately we neglected to measure if it would fit the space in the entertainment center; it didn’t. We made some modifications to the entertainment center to get it to fit. It is quite a nice TV.

Last night, since nothing else was on TV, we ended up watching Showgirls on VH1. If you have ever seen the uncut version of this movie, you may wonder how it could ever be made suitable for television. All it takes are cutting a few scenes, a few words, and a lot of computer generated brassieres. They do detract slightly from the film, especially since what they were covering was about the only positive aspect of seeing Showgirls. Anyway, I best be off to work. I still have to get some quizzes graded from Wednesday of last week.

No comments: