2.05.2005

More Shatner News

Invasion Iowa, the TV series in which William Shatner tricks the Iowa town of Riverside into thinking that he is going to film a movie there is set to air late March on Spike TV. I, for one, was quite excited when I learned that William Shatner would be shooting a movie in the town where I once worked. I was a teacher at the high school in Riverside (actually, it's a few miles south of town) for three years, and I thought it would be cool to see a movie set in locales with which I was familiar. Instead, I'll get to see the townspeople of Riverside, many of whom I know, be fooled by Shatner. While Spike TV says that this show won't insult the residents of Riverside or Iowans in general, I think I will reserve judgment until I see the actual program. I have seen other Spike TV "reality" shows, and they can be entertaining, but they can also be cruel to their intended targets.

No comments: