2.05.2005

Taxes Done & Shatner Sings

I got my taxes done this morning. I was pleasantly surprised by the effect that owning my own home and having a mortgage payment on the size of my refunds. Now I'll have some extra spending money for my trip to Las Vegas next month.

After doing my taxes this morning, I went out to do a little shopping and to wash my car. Unfortunately, the car wash at the service station where I can get a free wash was not working. I'll have to check back tomorrow. While I was out driving, I was listening to William Shatner's new CD, Has Been. I only listened to the first three tracks before turning to "Car Talk" on NPR, but I must say that from what I heard, the CD is pretty good. At first it was somewhat silly, hearing Shatner doing his spoken word renditions of songs, but it really started to grow on me. I was a bit apprehensive at first about buying it, but now that I have started to listen to it, I am happy that I made the purchase.

No comments: