2.14.2005

Walking Down Memory Lane

Yesterday my fiancee and I ended up driving back to Cedar Rapids. We wanted to go through our two top choices again since they were both having open houses. Of the two, we definitely have a favorite and we decided that the other house just wouldn't work, despite everything we liked about it. We still have one more house that we feel that we must see. Unfortunately, our Realtor was unable to acquire a key for the property. The person who is listing the property never called him back. Today he's going to call the company through which it's listed. We hope to see it tomorrow. My fiancee and I both have a really good feeling about the house. I like the neighborhood that it is in as it's located about three-tenths of a mile from the house in which I grew up.

Speaking of the house where I grew up, it's also for sale! No my fiancee had already nixed the idea of buying that house. For one, it's too small. Also, it only has one bathroom and we'd really like at least one and a half. Personally, I think she just thinks it would be a bit creepy living in the house in which I spent nearly the first 17 years of my life. Well, we drove by it, and they had an open house yesterday, so we just had to take a look. I must say that I agree with her. We will not be buying the house. It is way to tiny! I can't believe how small my bedroom was, let alone the living room and kitchen! I had not seen the inside of this house since October 1989, the month in which I turned 17. Parts of it looked very different. One of the owners since I lived there completely remodeled the basement, removing a wall and moving another one. I liked the basement, but that would not be enough to get us to buy the house. It sure didn't show well. The owner has been renting it out, and it doesn't look all that great.

No comments: