2.19.2005

I'm Still Alive

It's been a while since I have posted anything here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around. I have just been terribly busy this week. First, my fiancee and I went to Cedar Rapids on Tuesday to check out a few more houses. We only actually went into one, and it was quite promising. It was in a nice, quiet neighborhood. It had really nice built-in drawers and cupboards in the hall and in the bedroom closets. The only real drawbacks with the house was that there was a smoky smell in the living room, the color of the kitchen carpet wasn't the most appealing, and the house only had a 60-amp fuse box. The insurance company that I have requires that I have 100 amps of electrical service. I had to upgrade my current house to 100 amps from 60, and it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't so expensive as to completely rule out the house. Also, there was only one bathroom, but I think there may have been connections in the basement to allow a bathroom to be added without much difficulty. The basement of the house was completely unfinished. That isn't entirely a bad thing. There was plenty of room upstairs for now, and if I were to finish the basement, I would be able to do it how I wanted it done. This house was much better than the next one we went to. We didn't even go inside it. It looked alright from the street, but the "Danger. Black mold present," sign up in the window scared us away.

The rest of the week I have been revising some test questions that I have written for my new employer; the one for which I will begin working in June. I've also had to leave the house quite a bit the last couple of days, making it hard to get this work done. Thursday evening we had someone come by to view the house, so we went shopping. Yesterday someone came by shortly after I got home from work, so we made ourselves scarce. Someone else came by unexpectedly around 5:00, when we were getting ready to order some pizza. Another Realtor is coming by to show the house in about half an hour, so I better be going.

No comments: