3.01.2005

What if There Was an Election and No One Voted?

Apparently that happened today. Most of Black Hawk county had an election today to vote on the local option sales tax. In the town of Jesup no one voted. Most of the town is in Buchanan county and therefore most of the residents were not eligible to vote. Part of the town lies in Black Hawk county though and therefore people who reside in that part of town could have voted.

On another topic, I am reconsidering the possibility of moving to North Liberty. Apparently they have a problem with naked men threatening people with their swords. Someone yelled at their neighbor who was outside without any clothes on to put something on. The guy became upset and got a sword! Actually, North Liberty remains on my list of communities to move to. It's a nice small town, conveniently located to my new job location.

Speaking of my new job, I just completed the first draft of the rest of the test items that I need to write for them. Hopefully I'll get them back for revisions by next Wednesday since I am leaving to go on vacation Saturday morning of next week.

No comments: