3.03.2005

Just Checking In

It is so good to be done writing test items for now. On Wednesday next week I should be getting back a list of revisions that I have to make, but until then I have some free time to do other things, that is when I don’t have to leave my house for it to be shown. I guess I can do other things then, but sometimes I just like to sit down and watch TV.

This evening I had to leave my house for two showings. While I was out I stopped by Target to browse and I found a new Yoda toy that I didn’t yet have. I collect Yodas so I was most pleased to make this find. What I got was the Star Wars Galactic Heroes set which includes Emperor Palpatine and Yoda! I got two so I could keep one in its package and have one which I can open up and set out on my desk at work.

Today was a pretty good day at school. My seventh period class, which I usually dread, was very well-behaved today. Even though class was short today because of the variety show, we got a lot accomplished. While watching the variety show, I began thinking that maybe I am making the wrong decision about leaving teaching. There are a lot of things that I am going to miss. I really enjoy working with many of my students, especially when a student with whom I’ve been working finally understands what it is that I’ve been trying to teach him or her. However, before the variety show performance was over, I came to realize that doing something else, at least for a while, is a really good idea. Earlier in the day, during my fourth period class, I started worrying about my blood pressure as I was getting quite upset with my class and I felt my stress level elevating.

The variety show was pretty good. As usual, there was too much jazz band. A couple of jazz band songs wouldn’t have bothered me, but it just seemed to get a bit excessive. Some of the other performances were good. I was surprised to see belly dancing; they can do it! That was a little joke for Homercles, but seriously, two girls did belly dance at the variety show. They certainly had the attention of the young man sitting next to me. There isn’t much else new with me for now. I thought I’d check in. I’ll be able to write a bit more now that I’m not writing test items.

No comments: